Friday, February 11, 2005

Squeak Squeak

I had seen squeak some time back but was not able to use it much. Recently I was reading an interview of Alan Kay (Smalltalk creator) where he mentioned squeak again. I was curious and installed it again. And this time I had some fun. It requires some initial learning but provides for an excellent platform for small kids to do fun stuff on a computer and learn in the process.

Squeakland.Org
is a nice site which is using this system. I found this tutorial on how to create a car and drive it and then actually did. See the result below in the pic :-) There are lots of projects on the site that can be used too. I hope this kind of a system is used soon in schools.

I have just started using it, will post again when I find more interesting things here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home